CBSE is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government of India. The prime focus of the Board is on:
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student-friendly and student-centred paradigms
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.
The jurisdiction of the Board is extensive and stretches beyond the geographical boundaries of India into several countries across Middle East, East Asia, South Asia and South East Asia.
CBSE-i Class 6, and CBSE Class 7 and Class 8 follow the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation pattern of assessment
- Second language: French / Hindi & Sanskri / Japanese / Tamil
- Third language: French / Japanese
- Social Science/EVS
- Information Technology (as an additional subject for Classes 9 and 10)
CBSE offers Classes XI and XII with total term duration of two years. The course culminates with Class XII Board Examinations in the month of March. Students have to appear for examinations in five (5) subjects including one language, i.e. English.
GIIS offers the following subjects:
- English Core
- Computer Science / Biology / Business Studies
- English Core
- Business Studies
Both Class XI and XII are of one (1) year duration each. Academic year for each Class is from April to March.